Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, March 11, 2007

10 Days in a Row

I have now trained for 10 days in a row, which included a double workout yesterday – Bike/Swim. None of them have been all that exciting, but at least I am on a roll. I think the training highlight for the past 10 days was when I did a trainer ride on Wednesday night and then backed that up with a 5 mile run in the morning. I haven’t done a night/morning workout in quite some time.

On Saturday I rode with my friend Todd for about 45 minutes. He had called me early in the morning, just as I got up to grab something to eat. At first the sound of my vibrating phone filled me with dread as I thought it was someone from work calling me about a problem. I was relieved when I heard Todd’s voice asking me to join him in the park. I took a while getting out the door, so Todd was just about finishing up when I finally met up with him. Oh well, some company for a while was better than no company at all.

After Todd left, I finished the distance I was supposed to do in the park and then headed out of it to do a final long climb back to my home. It was the route that my friend Larry would take to end a ride. Finishing the ride this way turned out to be providence as I ran into Larry just as I was finishing. Larry had just got back from the LA Marathon and we talked about that for a while. He then mentioned that the Kurt Steiner 50K is coming up on April 1st and he said he had an application for me. I think I am going to try to do it, even though my mileage has been next to nothing lately. Maybe I need the challenge of something big to snap myself out of this training funk I am in. If anything it will definitely serve as a long training run before the Boston Marathon.

Today I did my first run of the year with my kids on their bikes, but apparently, they didn't have their early season legs. It was a bit of stop and go for the 3.2 miles I ran with them. They wanted to go home after little more than 2 miles into the run, so I took them home and then went back out and ran an additional 3. I had no pace to speak of, but at least I didn't feel the need to walk. However, they both said they wanted to go to the pool after I got back, so I was looking forward to that at the conclusion of my run. However, that is not what happened as their grandmother had come over the house and took them out for a while. I was a bit disappointed I couldn’t frolic around with the kids in the pool, but I used the free time to study for my upcoming real estate salesperson exam and then took a 3 hour nap.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cris said...

you're going into real estate? when did this happen? guess I need to catch up on your blog...

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home