Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Back to the Beginning

Due to the nice weather, I pulled myself from the lure of my basement TV and broke out the Tri-bike for a 20 mile ride in Prospect Park. I seriously over dressed, but at least I was warm. You could say I was heat acclimating for the summer.

One thing I can say about today’s ride, is that I am definitely back at the beginning in terms of building fitness. I didn’t struggle to complete 20 miles, but I did feel as though I had enough when I reached the distance. I guess that’s what happens when the only riding you do is half-hearted attempts on a trainer, without wind and hills. I am completely out of shape and starting over again.

Later in the day, I got back on my bike with my children on theirs. We rode over to the Prospect Park Zoo. We haven’t been there in quite some time and it is always worthy of visiting for the occasional diversion. Originally we planned to go skiing today, but I feared the weather would be too warm and the conditions would have been awful. I sort of feel as though I should have chanced it, but at least I got out and did something with my kids today.

Last week was the last day of swim lessons and tomorrow is the last day of Basketball. My weekends we be free of commitments for the next several weeks until Spring Soccer and Baseball begin. I am going to try to use this time to really get back into the swing of things. I really need this Real Estate class to be over though to form some semblance of a productive workout schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home