Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, November 20, 2006

Recovery

I am still feeling good from the JFK 50 Miler. I have not once tiny trace of post race depression and I am still glowing from the satisfaction of completing it. I am looking forward to whatever is next, but at the same time willing to let my body recover from the effort of 50 miles.

To help recover, I went out for an easy active recovery run this evening. I wasn’t sure I would run today, as my initial inclination was to get home from work and curl up on my couch with a blanket and watch TV. However, when I arrived home I asked my daughter if she wanted to go for a bike ride while I ran. She wanted to go and I couldn’t say no I don’t feel like it to her. I told her that if she didn’t want to go with me, I would just stay at home and sit on the couch, so I needed her to push me out the door.

I was glad she wanted to go. I felt much better once I got moving. I could tell though that my body needed to recover from the 50 miler. I could feel my heart not wanting to push, similar to the way I feel after Ironman. For the first time my daughter complained that I was going too slowly for her. Hopefully, this won’t be the case for long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home