Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, June 26, 2006

Rest in Peace

My friend and business colleague just had a member of his team get killed today while riding his bike to work. It made the Top Stories on NY1.com. I’ve been thinking about him all day.

Derek was only 21 years old with model good looks and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. I was with him just several weeks ago when he was telling me that he just bought his bike so he could commute to work with it. We had talked in the past about commuting to work by bike. You can see him by going to http://www.fashiongps.com/. He is the person in the video.

My wife asked me if I would stop commuting to work by bike now. My contention when I hear about something like this is you can’t let such events stop you from living. However, I will be more cautious than ever. It is not so much my life that I worry about, but the impact on my family should something happens to me. It's been weighing on my mind more than ever lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home