Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Hot Weather

When I came in from my 31 mile bike and 6 mile run this morning my wife asked me how anyone can run in this weather – hazy, hot and humid. I replied that I would rather run around in the heat, than have to wear a suit and tie and ride the NYC Subway. It seems as though every F train is without air conditioning making the ride completely intolerable. It’s like riding in a movable sauna only you are fully dressed.

Speaking of air conditioning or lack thereof, I still haven’t put in the window air conditioners for my upstairs bedrooms. The lack of climate control in these rooms has rendered them basically unusable. As you ascend the stairs to the second floor of my house, it is like going through a thermocline in the ocean. You can feel the temperature rise by about 15 degrees mid-way up the steps. It was so bad last night that my wife and I decided that we were all going to sleep on the living room floor. We have a permanently installed AC on the first floor so we are able to keep cool on it. My kids got a great kick out of it and I kept laughing as they continuously played and rolled around into each other. Its almost a shame that Todd is coming over this evening to help me put the upstairs AC units into the windows. However, m family is very grateful for his assistance.

I’ll probably get to bed late tonight and this will make tomorrow a very long and sleep deprived day. I must get to the pool in the morning (by bike) and then later in the day I am organizing the Corporate Challenge race for my company. So tomorrow will be a Bike, Swim, Bike, Work, Run, Bike type of workout day. It will also probably be hazy, hot and humid again; just like the first day of summer should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home