Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, June 09, 2006

Competitive Spirit

After taking it easy for most of the day yesterday, I finally got out for a run around 6pm. I went with my kids who rode along side me on their bikes. I was wondering how this run would turn out, because I envisioned difficulty in getting them both up the hill in Prospect Park. During the ride I saw that my son is starting to come into his own competitive spirit. I told my children to ride in front of me so I could see them and my son refused to let my daughter get in front of him. I could see a smirk on his face every time she tried to do so.

We pretty much rode like this up until the hill, with my daughter complaining that Lucas wouldn’t let her get in front of him. Once we got to the hill though, my daughter was able to pull ahead as my son slowed down as he started to struggle with the hill. The last time we ran/rode together, I had to help him climb it. On this day though, he was able to tough it out and make it over the top completely on his own without ever stopping. I cheered him on the entire way and so did a couple of spectators sitting by the side of the rode. I think he liked the thought of doing it on his own and has started to learn that the little bit of suffering he had to endure, was well worth the satisfaction of climbing the hill. I often wondered when this time would come for him and now I know the answer.

Speaking of competitive spirits, this weekend is the Eagleman Triathlon. I am heading down with Todd and Robert and it promises to be an exciting weekend. Todd has been anticipating the kicking of my ass in this race and the question as to whether he will be able to do so will soon be answered. I am not making any predictions. I think it can go either way. The three of us are rooming together and Robert is already envisioning the bullshit that will go on between us.

My one regret for the weekend is that I will have to miss coaching two of my son’s soccer games. I was very preoccupied with this, because I feared that no one would be available to coach his team. However, I was able to speak to the co-coach (he has only appeared for one game) and he told me he would be able to attend both games. Hopefully they will still play like a team and have a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home