Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wet Fridays

It looks like it will be another wet Friday tomorrow, which is really playing havoc with my training plans. I was looking forward to taking Fridays off from work in order to get in my long bike rides. I am not going to do so though if it means my ride would have to be conducting in the pouring rain with thunder and lightning. If this is indeed how tomorrow turns out, then it looks like I’ll be waking up at 3am on Saturday morning in order to get in an 80 – 100 mile ride before my son’s soccer game. I can’t miss this game as I already know I will be missing the next two games next weekend, since I am going down to Cambridge, MA for the Eagleman Half Ironman.

At least this week has been productive training wise. I’ve gotten in all of my scheduled workouts, although I did cut a swim and run a bit short. This is due to the constraints of time caused by not being able to wake up early enough. I am getting up at 5am as it is, so I don’t think I can really push myself to arise much earlier. I am very happy with the fact that when 5am has been coming around, I’ve been able to get out of bed without a problem. My motivation seems to be returning. I guess knowing that IMLP is only 7 weeks away helps. It wouldn’t feel so good going into the race being entirely under trained.

My cut lip from last week’s accident is healing nicely. I was worried for a while, especially when someone echoed my thoughts of the cut giving me the appearance of a certain infamous German dictator. The scab is down to a small line across my upper lip and will hopefully be gone within a couple of more days.

If it rains tomorrow, I’ll really be screwed. If I save the long ride for Saturday, then Friday calls for a swim. However, my only transportation to the pool at that hour of the day is by bike. This means I’ll be soaking wet and dirty by the time I get to my office. Not to mention the concern of keeping my laptop and work clothes clean and dry. I’ll figure out something I am sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cris said...

Take it from a motorcyclist who's driven many thousand miles in the rain and managed to keep all his clothes AND laptop dry: two-gallon Ziplock bags. Best thing since... well, since the one-gallon ziplock bag, I guess.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home