Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Skinned Knees

As mentioned in my previous post, my daughter skinned her knee while bike riding with me over the weekend. It appears that this is becoming a problem of epidemic proportions. Last night I took my son out for a run/ride and as we were leaving the park, he fell and skinned his knee. He went down pretty hard; hitting is head against the ground. Fortunately we always wear helmets when we ride our bikes, because his helmet was clearly smashed in the front. He complained that his head hurt a bit and I can’t imagine how much worse it could have been without the helmet. He didn’t want to ride home, but I insisted he get back onto his bike if only to show himself that he can still ride. We ended the day with him racing me down our block to the front door.

This morning I suffered my own skinned knee. I also suffered two very fat lips and a cut along the upper. While riding in the park at 6am, some guy unexpectedly walked into my path and we both went down pretty hard. I suspect alcohol was involved. He appeared ok, but he wanted to wait around for an ambulance. I was fortunate to have my face break the fall. After about 20 minutes it finally arrived, whereupon he got up and easily walked over to it.

I debated on continuing with my ride, but decided it might be best if I went home and iced my lips. To add insult to injury, I slipped on the steps leading to my basement entrance and scraped my hand along the wall and smashed my lower back on the steps. Once inside, I was relieved to see the cut on my lip wasn’t too bad. Hopefully it won’t leave a scar. After I cleaned and iced it, I considered going out for my scheduled run. I figured I’d had enough cycling for the day, but I could still get in a decent workout. My wife recommended that I just forget about it for the day.

I am so disgusted with how things have been going with my training. It is not like I am just blowing off my workouts. Something just keeps getting in my way to accomplish them. I am starting to feel tired and demoralized. Maybe that is just what I need so I can get angry about it. Anger does tend to spur people into action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home