Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, June 08, 2006

California - Final Day

On my final day in California I managed one more swim in La Jolla Cove early in the morning. I knew the lifeguards wouldn’t be around, but I was pleasantly surprised to see several other swimmers heading down to the beach. It was barely 7am and it seemed as though everyone was coming out for a swim. I got in a final 2.5 miles in the Pacific, before heading back to my hotel to get ready for my final day of meetings. I will miss swimming amongst the giant seaweeds and the interesting and beautiful bottom. I’ll also miss the water temperature which was a balmy 67 degrees (so says a convenient thermometer attached to a buoy.

I finished with all work related commitments around 1:30pm, which left me free for the rest of the day. I had hoped to go to Venice Beach for a run with my childhood friend that lives in LA. However, by the time we were both ready to go, it was getting a bit late in the day, which made a run down in Venice impractical. Instead we headed to a dirt running track for a session of no-frills running. I did 26 loops on a track that was 3.2 loops per mile. For the math challenged this is just over 8 miles. I ran the loops at a strong steady pace in order to make it interesting and to get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

After the run, I headed back to my friends house for a quick shower and then we headed out for dinner. It was much too short a visit, but I was grateful for the time we had. I was able to meet his little girl for the first time and see his son for the first time in 5 years. It was just as well I was leaving in just a couple of hours as I was really starting to miss my own kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home