Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Till Death Do Us Part

My son just destroys me mentally sometimes. Last night, while I was tucking him into bed he said that he hopes I live a very long time so that we would both die at the same time. What he is saying to me, and what I also feel, is that things will be ok as long as we are together, but if we have to die, it wouldn’t be so bad if we both went at the same time. It was enough to make this grown man cry.

I don’t think anyone understands how much it pains me to spend time away from my children. I just love having them around me. I hate the time I spend away from them. This has been a factor in my reluctance to get to the pool in the morning. I don’t like missing out on seeing their smiling faces in the morning. My world is not well, unless I get my daily dose of them.

I wonder how many other people feel the way I do. Anyway, off to the pool, reluctantly.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I think I know exactly how you feel. My job requires a lot of my time and I also train when I can. I have three small children and I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. We were sitting down having dinner last night when my daughter asked me “Daddy, are you working tonight?” And before I could answer she said, ”Of course you are.” She knows how to pull on my heartstrings. You try to spend as much time with them as you can, but you always feel like it’s not enough. You should feel confident that what you are showing them is that great accomplishments come from hard work. Take care and train hard!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home