Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

37 Miles

I had my first good midweek workout this year; a 31 mile bike, followed by a 6 mile run. It felt great to feel good again while training. Originally the workout was to be separate by several hours. I was supposed to ride in the morning and then run sometime later in the day. However, I knew if I didn’t take the opportunity to get both in this morning, I stood a very good chance of blowing off the run.

The ride was supposed to alternate between AT efforts and IM pace. I definitely don’t have my cycling legs yet as all I could muster for any length of time was IM pace as measured by my HR. Speed-wise I rode at an average speed of 18.6 mph, which is about 1.5 mph off from my normal IM pace. Total time for the 31 miles was 1:41:00. Maybe I could have gone faster had I not rode home from work last night, but I did ride fast enough to get home in time to wake my kids up for school. This cost me some time for my transition to the run, but it was well worth it. I love seeing their smiling faces in the morning.

After rousing my children out of bed to get ready for school, I proceeded into my run. I felt really good and my running legs seemed fresh. I was able to keep a decent pace and I increased speed as the workout wore on. Prospect Park was very peaceful this morning and the lake so still that the sky and trees reflected off it like a mirror. I had to do a double take as I ran past it.

Hopefully, more good days like this are to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home