Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, January 09, 2006

The Exorcist


The Exorcist was on cable TV over the weekend. I remember when I saw it the first time. It was in 1973, I was 8 years old and my parents thought that it would be a fine movie for me to see. What a wholesome family movie! For years afterwards I would have trouble standing by the foot of a bed as I was afraid that the possessed girl’s hand would reach out from under it and grab my ankle.

I feel like I could use an Exorcist now though. Maybe illnesses in its various forms are small demons that infect a person. Could an Exorcist cast the demons away? Could an Exorcist get rid of the voice in my head that tells me to stay in bed and get more sleep?

I definitely raged an epic battle to get out of bed this morning. I was so warm and comfortable. I felt like I was being held down on the bed by a demonic force. Once I got up though, the demon lost its grip and I was able to do my workout. Granted my battle was nothing like poor little Regan Teresa MacNeil’s (the possessed girl in the movie) and for that I am thankful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cris said...

I'm with ya. My cold, or whatever it is, won't go away and is getting worse. And now I'm getting gall bladder pains on top of it. But the training must go on! And yesterday's good workout just proves (to me at least) that the demons lose their grip every now and then...just long enough. And yeah, getting out of bed is getting very difficult.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

The flu is making rounds...but it's going to be defeated, just as your IM! This is so cool, to qualify for Kona as a plan! I wish I could swim (or bike for that matter). Best of luck!
I used to live in NYC for 11 years...and heard of your coach from Broadway Ultra website.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home