Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

December Thoughts

Is a chocolate Santa Claus is Kosher? I am going to my sister’s house this evening and I am wondering if she would appreciate the irony of giving her orthodox Jewish children chocolate Santas for Hanukkah. The label of the chocolate designates its kosher status with a circle U. However, doe the fact that they don’t believe in Christmas or Santa Claus make it inappropriate for them to eat a kosher chocolate Santa? Should a chocolate Santa even be kosher? For that matter, what does it say about the Rabbi that would bless a chocolate Santa to certify it kosher?

Now that it is the holiday season, the streets of NYC are filled with tourists snapping photos. I was walking towards the subway yesterday when I spotted a Japanese couple with one of them snapping a photo of the other in front of the Trump Tower on 5th Avenue. My initial inclination was to jump into the picture with my arm around the guy. I’ve done this before to a bunch of Japanese tourist down in Battery Park and they seemed to be greatly amused by it. The thought of me being in a photo album back in Japan 50 years from now is funny. I can just imagine these people pointing out to their grandkids the crazy New Yorker who wanted to be in their picture. Maybe I will inspire future generations to visit New York.

I didn’t jump into the picture this time, but I thought how I could stage a prank where I asked the couple if they wanted me to take a picture of them. After I snapped it, another person would come along and ask if we wanted to have our picture taken, whereupon I would insist that we get a shot of the three of us. This would continue on with more and more people coming along, each insisting that we that the current picture taker get into the picture. I thought this sounds like something you would see on David Letterman.

Perhaps I just have too much time on my hands so my mind gets filled with inane thoughts. I spend so much time training, that I can’t help but let my mind wander. Today I rode 23 miles, ran 8 miles and swam 3000 yards which accounted for just over 3 hours of training time. Plenty of time for stupid random thoughts to pop into my head.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hey Zeus said...

The chocolate Santa is funny as a gift but giving a picture of you with the tourist in a frame shaped like a menorah would really be funny. I don't know if I read your blog for the training or the location. Before our first child we would go to NYC as much as possible. We were there after 9/11 and on my birthday we saw Pedro vs Mussina in Yankee Stadium.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home