Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Hibernation, Memory and Rejuvenation

My computer no longer hibernates. Computer hibernation is a special function that effectively shutdowns your computer, but allows it to restart at the exact point you left off when you turn it back on. It stopped hibernating right after I added memory to it. Evidently when a computer has too much memory, Windows XP losses its ability to go into hibernation mode.

Memory, can do all sorts of funny things. When I was forced to ride my bike to work during last week’s transit strike, I was suddenly remembered how much I enjoyed bike riding in tough conditions. This reawakened my passion for training and I feel rejuvenated as if I just woke up from a long hibernation.

This rejuvenation is also apparent on my new Tanita Body Composition Monitor. This is a fancy scale that measures Body Weight, Body Fat %, Total Body Water %, Muscle Mass, Daily Caloric Intake, Bone Mass, Metabolic Age and Visceral Fat. It also gives you a Physique Rating by calculating all of these variables. My scale tells me that I am the metabolic equivalent of a 15 year old, which ain’t bad for a 40 year old.

I’ve been weighing myself everyday and tracking my progress, but I suspect I will soon go to once a week, now that I have a seven day average. The numbers don’t change very much on a daily basis, which is why I suppose they say you should only way yourself a couple of times per month. To keep it interesting, I could weight myself before and after I take a dump in the morning and see the difference in readings. I could add another column to my measurements that include the weight of my dump by calculating the difference in my weight before and after I take a shit. I remember weighing myself before and after years ago and telling a friend I lost over 3 pounds. He found that to be greatly amusing and couldn’t believe that it weighed so much, but was very impressed when I convinced him it was true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home