Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Babies First Blowjob

I am shocked and dismayed over reading (here, here and here with a picture) about the practice of metzitzah b'peh; basically the sucking of blood from a babies penis after male ritual circumcision (aka mutilation). To make matters worse, several babies that underwent this procedure developed Herpes as a result and one of the babies even died from complications.

I’d be royally pissed if I found that my first blowjob came from a smelly, disgusting rabbi. I would be in a homicidal rage if I found out that a sore on the tip of my penis was from a rabbi who did the procedure with a herpes infected mouth. I question why the practice of circumcision (although I do like my aftermarket conversion) is even continued to this day and think it is an abomination to clean the wound like with a bacteria and virus infested mouth.

All of this begs the question of course, how did the rabbi get herpes in the first place. Exactly where has he been putting his mouth to acquire the virus? Truly we live in a Sick, Sad World.

If such a thing happened to me, I wonder how my life would have been different. Would I have been too shy or embarrassed to pursue a mate and lived an abstinent life? Possibly, I would have taken that pent up sexual frustration and concentrated it on pursuing athletics. I certainly would have had more time to do so, since I never would have had a girlfriend, wife, and kids. Maybe, that is the secret to some of the best athletes in the world. They have an STD and they use athletics as a means to take out their sexual frustrations and aggression.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cris said...

Well, where to begin?

the first article was unhelpful, as it basically just parrots the facts of the case. The second article was well-written and no wonder, it was from the NY Times. But it does color the orthodox Jewish community as slightly stupid, or stupidly stubborn.

the third article was downright offensive. It not only got some of the facts wrong, but it then stretched those into numerous unfounded, unsupported conclusions, with the result that the whole article teeters on homophobia and anti-Semitism. What junk.

While I admit the practice sounds strange to me, the only thing that is readily apparent is that this religious practice needs to be updated. the Jewish community itself must examine the problem and push from within for updates needed within the context of modern life.

I also fail to see the problem as rampant; if it were, we'd have heard of it a LONG time ago and seen MANY more cases, not just a half-dozen. This is the beginning of a problem and perhaps the city - as well as the media - is being alarmist.

As for circumcision itself - I guess I don't have much opinion one way or the other. Similar to you, I also like my aftermarket conversion.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

I hope I didn't come across as anti-semitic. Those who know me would consider that to be quite ironic.

Stories like this rate right up there with this one:

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/special_packages/njchildwelfare/9882763.htm

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if the Hassidic community doesn't want to "examine the problem" or "push from within for an update"? Are we supposed to just sit by while more babies become infected with herpes? That's ridiculous. The mayor is perfectly justified in taking action against this practice.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home