Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Creams and Lotions

I happen to be a fanatic for clear and healthy skin. Nothing turns my stomach more than seeing someone with a nasty rash, sore, pustule or other skin affliction. I suppose this stems from the days when I worked as a volunteer in Coney Island Hospital. While on the job, I was unfortunate to have experienced the site of nasty Decubitus Ulcers (bedsores), the round diabetes skin lesions and various other skin afflictions. Seeing those ailments convinced me that I was not cut out to be a doctor. I could get past the disgust and fear of catching something while I was doing my duty in the hospital.

I remember a time a few years ago, when my wife had a bad case of Poison Ivy. Her skin became red, swollen and blistery as a result. I was horrified and could barely stand to be next to her. Heartless you may say, but it was either that or freak out and puke.

This fear of skin ailments has me applying various creams and lotions to make sure my skin stays perfectly clear. During the course of a morning, it is conceivable that I will apply no less than 5 creams or lotions to keep my skin clear. This also does not count other products I apply to my skin such as shaving cream, deodorant and hair gel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home