Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Gingerbread Man


Today I worked out some inners demons while on my bike. I’ve been feeling very sluggish and mentally blah the past couple of days. I was getting annoyed at myself for these feelings so I decided to gut out a tough workout to beat them out of my system.

Today’s workout called for me to “stand on all hills using big chain ring and hard cog. Spin on downhills. Sprint long down hill. Aero position when not standing.” I for the most part held true to this workout, except towards the end when I decided to sprint the last 10 miles.

At around the 15 mile mark of my ride (10 miles remaining), I spotted a peloton about a half mile in front of me. I decided to chase them down just to see if I could. Within a loop of the park I caught them on the downhill section. I could tell from some of the riders looks that they were wondering “who is this guy”. I was feeling good at this point and decided to be the Gingerbread Man, thinking to myself that they can’t catch me. The riders started to form on my wheel, but in the end only one person was able to hang with me. The rest of the peloton was long gone.

Like the Gingerbread Man, I was probably foolish in the end. My workout didn’t call for me to go so hard for so long, but mentally it made me feel much better. I will just have to sacrifice some short term physical recovery for some mental rejuvenation. Hopefully I didn’t eat up my strength for the weekend ahead.

Ride Stats:
Time: 1:15:00
HR: 141/166
Distance: 25
TiZ2(148/130): A – 26:49, I – 33:53, B – 14:22
Calories Burned: 940
Calories Consumed: 350
3.4M loop splits:
10:52
10:24
10:09
10:14
9:38
9:18
9:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home