Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Last Days


Thursday was my last day off before starting my new job. I took two weeks off between jobs. The time off was great while it lasted. I could really get into living the life of a fulltime Triathlete. Wake up late, do a workout, eat, nap, do another workout, eat, play with my children, write, read, eat, watch TV, sleep. It is an existence for which I was born. I just have to figure out a way to make it pay well.

For the day, I did my first Brick workout post IMAZ. I felt pretty good and had a good session. Here are the stats: Bike: 25M in 1:17:00 Run Distance 3.1M in 26:00

Friday was the last day before my 40th birthday. Starting with my next race, I will be one of the youngest people in the 40 - 44 Age Group. It will be nice to have an advantage.

I am not sure where Friday’s workout came from, as I thought I was tired. A 1 mile warm-up and then increased the pace until I reached between 85-90 percent HR. It took a while to get above 85%, but once I did I was able to hold it. I wasn't sure for a while that I could get above 85%, so I was pleasantly surprised when I did. I didn't think I had that type of effort in me today.

After about 5.5 miles at 85%+ effort, I kind of had enough. I took the last 1.5 miles relatively easy at 78%.

I definitely got something going on in my lower abdominals. I can now pinpoint the muscle. Possibly a groin muscle? I will have to get a doctor to check it out. It doesn't affect my running, but I definitely feel it.

Here are the run stats:
Time: 1:02:20
Hr: 153/168
Lap Splits: 2.8M - 22:40, 2.5M - 17:52, 2.5M - 19:51, .3M - 1:59


Today is my 40th birthday. I am going to celebrate it by driving up to Harriman State Park and ride 100 miles worth of hills in the rain and wind. I couldn’t get anyone to join me in this endeavor. I will have to train very hard so I inflict so much pain upon myself that I don’t think about getting lonely. I am sure I won’t see many other people with the foul weather.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home