Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Should I feel like a loser?

So despite what I said last week about needing to change your state of mind, I skipped swimming Monday morning, which is making me feel like I am a bit of a loser. I know I am being hard on myself, since when I checked my workout schedule at 4:30am, a swim wasn’t on the agenda for the day.

However, my workout plan said I should swim at least twice this week, although 3 times would be better. So instead of taking the opportunity to get start off the week with an early swim towards the better goal of 3 swims I went back to bed. I figured I could use the sleep, since I didn’t sleep that well through the night. My wife kept waking me up with a recurrent cough and nose blowing. Every time I would start to fall back to sleep, I would wake up again like someone suffering from Sleep Apnea, only it was my wife instead of me suffering from blocked breathing passages and I would be the one waking up.

Which leads me to a matter of etiquette; in the case of a couple who sleep in the same bed and where one keeps awaking the other because of a cough, due to allergies, cold, etc., who should move into another room? Should it be the person with a cough so they stop waking up their partner, or should it be the person without a cough, figuring the person with the cough is suffering enough?

I know if it was me with the cough, I would go into another room so my wife could get a good night sleep. Evidently, she doesn’t feel the same way. If you are reading this, I would really like to have your opinion.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cris said...

*laughing*

I should refer you to my parents; for whatever reason, its always Mom that moves to the couch. She seems to prefer it that way.

To me, the first person to wake up - no matter who's having the problem - should be the person to move. The idea is to get on with a restful night, right?

4:45 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

obviously, the person with the cough should move.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home