Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Buildup Begins

According to my schedule, this past week was the first of Base Building. I guess this is where I begin the long journey on preparation for another attempt of qualifying for Kona at the 2006 Ironman Lake Placid.

So far I am off to a good start. My legs are healthier at this time of year than at the same time during the previous 3 years. I don’t feel as though I have the speed I once had, but then again I haven’t been trying to run fast. I am taking it easy, according to plan, and that is suiting me just fine. Without having to push all of the time, I find myself enjoying the training more than I have in a long time.

This morning I set out for a ten mile run. I was going to do it over the northern 2.5 mile loop of Prospect Park and had just completed two plus loops when I ran into Todd. Usually when this happens we are running in opposite directions and we stop and cajole each other into running the way each of us was going. This time I gave in to Todd as he ran in my direction the last time this happened.

As is usual with Todd this soon turns into a competitive run. I found myself frequently reminding him to tone it down a notch. Like a premature ejaculator he just can’t help himself from trying to push the pace. I’ve learned from experience that the results are so much better from holding back and saving yourself for the end.

After my run, I had a quick meal and shower and put in another couple of miles at the ice skating ring with my family. Fortunately, my legs are still fresh and feeling very good. I will have to ask my coach as to whether the skating should be counted towards my training.

Weekly Totals:

Run: 26
Bike: 76
Swim: 2000 Yards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home