Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Night/Mornings and False Starts

Email to Coach -

Neil -

Well, I am not going to swim at AG at night anymore. It is just way too much of a hassle. I got there around 6:15 after suffering for 20 minutes on the crowded M86 Bus. Too windy and rainy to walk in my work suit. There was only 4 lanes open and the swimmers in them just didn't mesh. The other lanes were taken over by after school programs. Compared to the kids in the next lane, I was old, slow and rusty. They were swimming by me with such ease and grace.

I am not hanging around until after 7:30pm, because I would just get home too late. If I need to do a morning/night workout again, I'll do a morning swim followed by a night run.

Since I got home later than usual, I slept too long to get my bike in. However, I realized I didn't need to be in the office at my usual time, so I had time to do it. I went out, but unfortunately, they are ripping up Prospect Park for repaving, so it wasn't conducive to riding. I did get in 2.9 miles. Too bad I just didn't stay indoors. By the time I got back, I just decided to forget about it for now. Maybe I will try for this evening. The morning was just one big false start.

Speaking of indoors, with the winter arriving, you mentioned you may be inclined to lend me your computrainer. Is that still true?

Really what I felt like doing today was running. My legs feel very good and its all I feel like doing lately. Getting in the pool last night was tough. I hate the feeling of the cold water enveloping my body, but once I got going it was ok. I was slow, but swam with what I think was good form.

I am going to have to start popping an Ambien again soon after I eat dinner. The pull of the TV has been fierce lately, causing me to go to bed later than usual. I guess my lazy gene wants to make up for lost time. However, I am starting to feel my passion gene exerting its will.

Charles


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home