Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Out of Gas


I ran out of gas today during my 20 mile run. I was cruising between 78 – 80 percent of my HR when suddenly the needle dropped and I couldn’t push it past 70 percent. I knew I had run out of gas from a hard week’s worth of training. This is noteworthy, especially since many know me as one of the gasiest people around.

This has happened to me before. My inner fire is suddenly extinguished as all the combustible fuel is spent. All that remained inside me were some dying embers. It was time for me to go home, eat and recover for another week of training. I am just glad I had only about a mile to get home, instead of having several miles of distance between me and my nice comfortable couch.

To make matters worse, I am beginning to think I have a hernia. I’ve had a chronic lower abdominal pain that just appears to be getting worse. I spoke with someone today that just had hernia repair surgery. The symptoms he experienced are very similar to what I am feeling. I will have to see a doctor right away to have this diagnosed.

If it is a hernia, I have no idea how it will impact my training for Ironman Lake Placid. I am resolved to do what is necessary to heal properly and not to take any chances to make the injury worse. If I have to miss LP this year, then so be it. I will be disappointed, but that is part of life. I am sure however, I won’t be stoic about it, once race day arrives.

Run Stats:
Time: 1:29:55
HR: 136/148
Dist: 10.5
Calories: 1049

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home