Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, May 22, 2005

New Routines


I think I’ve finally figured out my new workout routine and accommodating my new work schedule. M, W, & F remain my run and swim days, but I now run before the swim. This necessitates that I start training about 30 minutes earlier than normal. The day proceeds something like this:

Wake up at 4:30 am, grab gear and drive from Brooklyn to the vicinity of Asphalt Green on 91st and York Avenue and find a parking spot.

Run to Central Park and commence the scheduled run, finishing back at my car.

Grab swim gear and head into the pool, hopefully no later than 6:15 am. Swim for approximately 75 minutes and then dash out of the pool to arrive at my car before 8am; the time it must be moved or risk a parking ticket.

Drive still wet and smelling like chlorine to the New York Sports Club in Huntington, Long Island, which is only 3 miles from my office. Shower, Shave and dress and make it to my office by 10am.

This for the most part has gone out without a hitch, except for this past Wednesday, when an over enthusiastic Parking Enforcement Officer, decided to start writing a ticket at 7:59am. I know this is what time she started since it was my car to which she was applying the ticket. Of course she had no compassion with me arriving at my car after she started writing her ticket, but at least I had the satisfaction of seeing her shame when I exclaimed in a very loud voice “Holy shit, it’s not even 8 o’clock!”

I had a few more choice words for her, including a parting “Go to fucking hell”. I only which I had the intuitiveness to call “311” and issue a complaint while my cell phone still read 8am on the time. I didn’t even wait for her to finish writing the ticket as I had to get to work. She may be slow, but I am definitely not.

Tuesday’s and Thursday’s are my cycling days. Actually, they are my brick (bike/run) days lately. These are easier for me to handle, as I can wake up later (5am) and still get the ride and run in at home at still get to work on time.

The only thing I am really missing with my new commute is the decompression time in the subway where I can sleep, read or ogle pretty girls.

When I was at my previous company, The Corcoran Group, we used to call my current company, Douglas Elliman, The Dark Side. Well, things are pretty good over at the Dark Side. It is actually not dark at all. It is definitely much greener and fertile grass. So far I am glad I wasn't chicken and crossed the road, despite my crazy new routines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home