Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Grinding Away


Via email to Neil Cook my coach. www.slb-coaching.com

Hey Neil -

Another strong workout today. I felt good on the bike, even though I still had some residual fatigue in my legs. It was not really possible to do the workout as your prescribed. Instead I separated the park into three sections. Grand Army Plaza to Bartel Pritchard, PPSW/Parkside to Ocean/Parkside and from the parking lot entrance to the hill. I just concentrated on hold my speed above 20mph during these sections and didn't worry about the time.

I posted my fastest loop on my last time around. I passed the cyclist with whom I have a long standing feud and he decided to get on my tail. This inspired me to have a 9:13 lap and allowed my average speed for the day to reach 20mph.

I only ran 2.5 miles since this is an "easy" week. I am not sure what is easy about it other than some reduced distance. My legs felt sluggish, but with my new found mental facilities, I was able to push past the physical crud and post a sub 8 minute mile for the distance.

As a side note, I took off yesterday from running. I wanted to spend the time with my family and I figured walking through the Bronx Zoo would be Active Recovery enough.

Note - Prescribed workout: 10 minutes warm-up, 18 mph, 19 mph, 20 mph, 21 mph, 22 mph, 23 mph for 60 seconds at each speed, recovery for 4 minutes and repeat 4 times, 10 minutes cool-down.





Grinding out another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home