Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day


To kick my Memorial Day off on the right note, I went swimming with ST and another Triathlon fanatic Robert. We went to the McBurney YMCA on 14th Street as guests of ST. We would have gone to Asphalt Green, but it didn’t open until 8am and I needed to be home early to take the family to The Bronx Zoo.

The water in this facility is much warmer than I am accustomed. It averaged around 85 degrees, which is much warmer than the 72 degrees I am used to swimming in. The mystery as to why ST refuses to swim open water without a wetsuit has been revealed, as he clearly is only used to swimming in bath water.

Despite the warm temperatures, we proceeded together with a hardy workout. We started out with a 500 yard warm up and then did 20 x 50’s, 10 x 100’s and 4 x 500’s. Robert led each interval, followed by Todd and then myself. Being the weakest swimmer of our group, I just tried not to get lapped. I was successful in that endeavor except for 1.5 times (Robert lapped me twice, Todd once).

Robert on several occasions rolled is eyes as ST and I gave each other shit. He for the most part handled our bantering with mild amusement, until the locker room, where I tried to convince Todd that shaving his balls was the thing to do. Both were disinclined to experiment with the idea.

Unfortunately, time did not permit me to hang with the boys after our workout. It would have been nice to get some chow and relax for an hour or so. Instead I drove everyone home so I could get an early start out to the zoo. It was a perfect day and we say most of the exhibits. The only disappointment of the day was the lacking of a Toucan in the bird exhibit – something my daughter wanted very much to see.

At an early point of our visit we happened upon some amorous bears. Fortunately, my children didn’t notice anything amiss. It must have been the springtime air.



Robert, ST and Beast after a crisp 4500 yards.


Spring Fever

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home