Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Grimaldo’s Ocean Mile

Today was a pretty decent workout. It’s August, which means I am training for SOS and as usual I ran the 7 miles down to Coney Island with my friend Rob for a swim, followed by a run home. Today though, was the Grimaldo Ocean Mile swim race so our swim had some further purpose to it. We made it down to the race start with perfect timing. Enough time to get ready, but not so much time that we completely cooled off.

I swam in the same clothes I ran, in order to test out my outfit for SOS. It worked out pretty good. I swam the mile in 32 minutes, which isn’t too bad. I am guessing that the course was a little over a mile, since you had to swim out to the first buoy and then back in to shore. The race had a costume division with some pretty creative outfits. The one I liked best though was the guy who wore a suit and tie. I thought that was pretty hard core. Hopefully the website will have pictures of the costumes soon.

After the swim race we hung around and ate some food. They had a band playing while everyone refueled and socialized. I was having a good time and would have liked to stay through the end of the awards ceremony. However, my friend Rob had to get going home and I felt as though I should run back with him. I sort of got depressed leaving the post race activities, since I really had nothing to do when I got home. A couple of times I almost said screw it and felt like heading back to the race site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home