Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Meat and Potatoes

I have not really had any good workouts since I returned from Alcatraz. My legs seemed to have lost all of their strength. It is quite frustrating. Ironman Lake Placid is little more than a month a way and I don’t even have my first hundred miler in for the year. I feel like I am going to go into this race completely unprepared.

This morning I did nothing to get myself ready for IMLP. I was feeling exceptionally lazy and let myself sleep in. It felt good to get the extra sleep and for once I wasn’t in a coma on the subway ride to work. It was a relief not to feel like I needed a nap by 11am. I hoped though to get in a bike ride in the evening after work.

I actually returned home this evening a little early. My son though wanted to throw the baseball around and I couldn’t deny him. We played catch for about 20 minutes and then were called in for dinner. I ate a steak with potatoes and some roasted peppers. This meal fixed me right up and I went out for a bike ride while the food was still making its way down my esophagus. I wound up having my best workout since Alcatraz. I guess I’ll have to eat a heavy meal before a workout more often.

Tomorrow will be the real test to see if I am recovered. I plan to run a 20 miler. So far since Alcatraz, I’ve barely been able to run 3 miles. At least I know what to eat before I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home