Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Day in Boston

So Larry, Willie and I spent the day in Boston. We started out at a local IHOP, where I had the Ruti Tuti Fresh and Fruity breakfast for the first time in years. It filled me up nicely. After, we went to the marathon expo where we talked to some people, tried out some free products and said a lot of Hmmms and Huuhhhs. We hung out for a couple of hours which gave my friend Jon a chance to get off his Amtrak train to catch up with us. We made tentative plans to meet for dinner and we agreed to call each other later.

Dinner turned out to be much earlier though. Larry wanted to scout out the restaurant we decided to eat at to make sure we could find it later. By the time this happened it was already 3:30, so we figured we may as well eat dinner now. The food was delicious and plentiful. I can’t recommend this place enough. It is a must eat. Check it out at http://www.lafamigliagiorgio.com/. It is located on 112 Salem Street in Boston’s North End.

All through the day I did my sponsor, Hammer Nutrition justice by wearing my Hammer Nutrition winter cycling jacket. It is what I plan to wear for the race tomorrow. It is very flashy and most of all warm. I talked to the representatives from the Polar booth and “The Stick” booth about Hammer. It seems that Hammer is not to well know in the running community, but I am doing what I can to spread the word.

After dinner we whet to Whole Foods for supplies – freshly ground Peanut Butter, Organic Jelly, Organic Oatmeal and Organic Soymilk. I think I will be well fueled for the race. I still have a blueberry muffin from this morning to eat.

I did nothing else for the day. I didn’t even start getting my things ready until Larry stopped by my room and helped to make the decision as to the appropriate gear necessary for marathoning in a Nor’easter.

My xomputer battery died on the bus ride out, so couldn'y write a report. Really, it was nothing to report and the who trip was over quickly and without incident except if you count the time I missed the bowl taking a piss when the bus hit a bump.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home