Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hamstring

After a couple of false starts, I finally got out mid Saturday afternoon for a 10 mile run. I was feeling great and in the zone while I smoothly ran while listening to my MP3 player.

While running, I saw my shadow which reminded me of myself from last year when I was ready for IM and in great shape. I was just starting to feel as though everything was going to be great this year, when a sudden sharp pain pierced the belly of my right hamstring.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know I just pulled the muscle. Fortunately I wasn’t too far from home and was able to return to it by walking without any major discomfit. I iced it for a while and I now sit here typing while it dully aches. I am hoping that a couple of days rest will return it to health.

It looks like tomorrow, I will skip my bike ride in order now to stress any portion of my leg. Instead, I will head to the beach to break in my new wetsuit with my Cibbows buddies. I understand that the ocean is a balmy 55 degrees. The cool water should do my hamstring some good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home