Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Time to Get Ready

Tuesday, April 25

Ohhh, I feel like such a loser this morning. I completely blew off my workouts in order to get some more sleep. I knew it was going to happen when I went to bed last night. I was tired, wanted to sleep and definitely at the time didn’t feel like waking up to ride to the pool at 5:30am. When my alarm clock sounded, I turned it off and rolled over to get more sleep.

In order for me to get enough sleep to wake up early enough for a swim workout, I really need to get into bed by 8:30pm. This is getting more difficult to do as time goes on. My kids are going to bed later as they get older and as of now, they still want me to tuck them into bed. I love tucking them in, but wish I could do it just a bit earlier. Maybe I will insist that they tuck me into bed instead.

Yesterday also started what is known as TV free week. This means no TV, computers, video games, etc. You are supposed to entertain yourself without the aid of an electronic device. I spent the evening productively. While my daughter was doing her homework, I started to teach my son how to play chess. He has seen me play with his sister and get very jealous when I tell him he can’t play because he doesn’t know the rules. He concentrated very hard in order to learn the game.

After my daughter finished her homework, we grabbed some snacks and told campfire stories in the living room. The fire was in the form of a candle, with all of the lights off. We each took turns telling a story. It was a very pleasant way to pass the evening, albeit more of it passed than I would have liked. I knew then, that by the time the kids went to bed, I’d be in a sleep deficit to wake up alert enough to get out in the morning.

I really need to get my act in gear. There is only 13 weeks left before IMLP. I still have time to get ready, but I must start getting serious now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home