Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, December 12, 2005

Vector Calculus



I am watching a young, pretty girl do Vector Calculus while riding the F train home from work. The fact that she is a young and pretty girl and is writing off equations with apparent ease is very impressive and amazing. Personally, I had a difficult time in college once I got past remedial algebra. That’s actually not true, but I did find doing any sort of calculus harder than training for an Ironman.

This holds true for even now as I struggle to get my training back in focus. I just feel cold and tired and feel like sleeping through the winter. I wish I could plug in all of my variables into a Vector Calculus equation and see what the results would be. Variable x could be my current state of fitness, y could be my mental state, z could be the past few years of training and q can be the training I will do between now and Lake Placid.

If I could do that and see the results, then I would know what to expect next summer. Of course, that would change my mental state (for better or worse) and that would change the results altogether.

Tomorrow morning I am going to make a very concentrated effort to get myself to the pool. It is the last thing I feel like doing, so perhaps it is the first thing I need to do. There is nothing like getting the difficult stuff out of the way quickly so the rest of your tasks appear easy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just sitting here listening to some Lightnin Hopkins (The Complete Alladin Recordings) what a great bluesman!

I love your entries like this and the one about the 10K. It shows me that you really are a sweet and sensitive guy and not the roughneck brooklyn boy out to crush the daylights out of his buddy Super Todd.

Get well soon so I can crush you in the Park (or Pool).

ST

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home