Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Assume a Verticle Position (aka Rats)

I was pleased to get my swim workout in last night, but I was paying for it this morning. I wanted to stay in bed, but used the encouragement of my own forcefulness to get the swim in to rouse myself out of bed. The trick to getting out of bed I have found is to assume a vertical position.

This vertical position after you wake up is a very necessary precursor to successfully accomplishing a workout. After that, everything else is pretty much a piece of cake. Once I get vertical, I know I will most likely get a workout in.

While I did my ride in Prospect Park, I happened upon a dead rat in the middle of the loop. It was pretty cold outside and I wondered if it froze to death. I decided that was unlikely after my tires rode over him and I could tell his guts were still squishy. Fortunately, its skin held together and it didn’t cause my wheels to slide out from underneath me. I was on a turn when I rode over him and was very happy not to make the rat road pizza.

I didn’t wake up early enough to ride for as long as I would have liked, but I did ride for as long as I should have. Now I just need to see if I can make it to the pool tomorrow morning. I’ve only missed scheduled workout in the past 16 days (a swim) and a trip to the pool tomorrow is looking slightly in doubt. I feel a cold coming on and the little devil inside me that tells me to stay in bed is already whispering in my ear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home