Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Traveling Again


I head for the Eagleman Half Ironman tomorrow evening. I don’t think my children know I am leaving yet and I am hesitating to tell them. I think in the end it bothers me to be gone more than it bothers them. I would have preferred to leave Saturday morning, but I got a free place to stay in exchange for giving someone a ride. Maybe I will appease my guilt by buying them presents with the money I saved from a one night hotel stay. At least I will be with them for a few hours before I leave. It would be nice to tuck them into bed though.

I still feel a bit sluggish from my Taper. Not as bad as on Wednesday, when I felt as fast as a three toed sloth. My coach told me that it is normal to feel slow when coming off high volume training with a short taper and that I will feel fine come race day. I hope so. I looked at my times for this race at last year’s event and I don’t feel like I can run as fast as I did then. I am sure though I will perk up come race day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home