Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, February 21, 2005

Pet Cementary

The day dawned with lots of snow on the ground. I slightly irritated my lower back today when I went outside to shovel. Before you tell me that I should have hired some kid down the block to do it for me, I don't think it would have been appropriate in this instance. You see, it wasn't snow that I was shoveling, but a shallow grave for my children's pet Bearded Dragon that recently passed away.

I decided to wait until the ground was nice and frozen before we commence with the funeral procession in the backyard. In actuality, my hand was forced since I don't think I could have gotten away with telling them that "Max" was simply sleeping as he hadn't moved in about 1 week and was starting to get all shriveled up. The children took the funeral in stride and only a few tears were shed - the children's tears, I held mine in despite my lower back pain.

Sometimes having my wife walk on my back seems to help when it is bugging me. However, she must be pissed at me for something, since she disappeared for a second after this request and came back wearing a pair of spiked heels. I quickly changed my mind and decided to use one of those free Ben Gay patches I got from a race. I think I will be as good as new by tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home