Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

No Daddy, Don't Go

I got to the pool last night. It was a tough one to get in. My son was telling me that he didn't want me to leave and wanted me to stay home. The guilt was getting unbearable. Fortunately, he was scheduled to take a bath and I promised him that if he went now, I'd be home by the time he got out of the tub. I didn't quite make that, but he was happy and occupied when I got home. I was then able to spend some quality time with him and my daughter before they went to bed.

As for the swim workout, either I am swimming faster these days or the pool is not as long as advertised. I did a 180 yard warm-up, followed by the 3x980 in 15:55, 15:55 and 16:00. Usually I am between 16-17 minutes when I do 1000's and I don't think 20 yards adds that much time. I did feel pretty good in the water. Perhaps it was just refreshing after a hard and stressfull day's work.

This morning I rode 18.6 miles. Truthfully, I almost bailed out on the ride around 10 miles as my legs were feeling quite tired. I began to worry about overtraining and burning out so close to IMLP. I was just completing my third loop (10 miles) when I saw a friend and slowed to talk to him. About this time, Todd rode by, so I figured let me see if I could go catch him. I had the help of a passing paceline to move me forward and when I caught him, I rode with him and another friend for another 2 laps. Technically speaking I did my scheduled fast bursts of 22mph or faster, but that was coasting downhill. I did increase my pace as the ride wore on, but I was also feeling better as my legs warmed up.

This week I am supposed to swim Monday, Thursday and Friday. This schedule actually works out for me since I have to go all the way to Amagansett on Wednesday and I wouldn't have time to do a morning swim. However, I am going to take my swim gear, because if I get to leave early enough, I may have time to stop by Eisenhower Park and do Thursday's swim an evening earlier, provided my coach thinks that's ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home